Pan Seared Cuttlefish with Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce
Quick & Easy Recipe
Yield: 3-4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 pack thawed PanaPesca Whole Cleaned Cuttlefish
- Thaw in refrigerator overnight or in tap water for about an hour before cooking
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 1/3 cup roasted red pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare the sauce by adding the heavy cream and roasted red pepper to a blender or use a hand/immersion blender to blend the pepper and cream until smooth.
- Add into a small sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat and simmer until it thickens to sauce consistency, about 5 minutes depending on level of simmer/boil.
- As the sauce is cooking, mix the flour, pepper, garlic and salt.
- Heat the 1 tbsp oil in a sauté pan.
- Dredge the cuttlefish in the flour mix and add to hot pan, be sure that the oil sizzles when the cuttlefish is added, if it does not, allow the oil to get hotter.
- Cook on one side for about 1-2 minutes, until light golden brown, repeat for other side (the extra tablespoon of oil might be needed to cook the second side.
- When the cuttlefish are finished, remove to a paper towel lined plate to remove excess oil.
- Serve with your choice of vegetable and grain or potato along with the roasted red pepper sauce.