Baked Mushrooms with Mussel Meat
Yield: 7 servings of 4 mushrooms
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- One pack thawed PanaPesca Mussel Meat
- Thaw in refrigerator overnight or in tap water for about an hour before cooking
- 24 oz pack of mushrooms (portabellini, white stuffing, crimini or the like)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 oz shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tbsp beer or wine
- Salt & pepper
- Microwave the mushrooms with the 2 tbsp water and some salt and pepper in a covered microwavable dish for 2-3 minutes, just until they start to soften. When done turn upside down to allow the moisture to drain out.
- Heat a pan with the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add and sauté the onion and pepper with a little salt and pepper for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add the beer or wine to finish the cooking process and remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the mussels to the sautéed pepper and onion and mix gently.
- Put 2-3 mussels along with the pepper and onion into the mushrooms.
- Add the stuffed mushrooms to a baking dish.
- Add the shredded cheese to the top of the stuffed mushrooms.
- Bake at 350°F for about 10-15 minutes, until hot and cheese is melted.