Pad Thai Mussels
Yield: 6 large or 8 small servings
Skill Level: Advanced
- 1 package PanaPesca Cooked Mussel Meat
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp chili-garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 16 oz. package Pad Thai rice noodles, cooked
- 1 cup roasted-salted peanuts, chopped
For garnish use any combination of: fresh basil, lime wedges, thinly sliced green onion, crushed red pepper flakes and a few splashes of lime Ponzu sauce
- In a medium bowl, whisk together coconut milk, brown sugar, chile-garlic sauce, lime juice, soy sauce and eggs. Set aside.
- Preheat a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat with sesame oil.
- Add celery, carrot, bell pepper and cook until just tender – 3 to 5 minutes. Add coconut mixture, cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add cooked mussels and noodles, stirring to combine until heated through. Place in serving dishes, top with chopped peanuts and any desired garnish.