Yield: 6 servings (12 3.5″ cakes)
Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- 1 pack PanaPesca Seaweed Salad chopped
- Thaw in refrigerator overnight or in tap water for about an hour before cooking
- 1/3 cup julienne red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup fine julienne carrot
- 1/4 cup sliced scallion
- 2/3 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Asian dipping sauce of your choice
- Mix together the eggs, water, flour and soy to form the batter.
- Mix together the seaweed salad, the vegetables and black pepper.
- Add the batter to the vegetable and mix to incorporate.
- Heat the sauté pan over medium high heat and add 1 tsp oil.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure to portion the cakes, place the portion in the pan and spread to size.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes then flip and cook for another 2 minutes, cooking until done.
- Serve two cakes per portion with your choice of dipping sauce.
- Cakes can be made to a smaller size for use as a side dish.
Print This Recipe